EDUCATION YOUTH LEADER NEEDED!
If you enjoy interacting with youth who are approximately 11-15 years of age,
then this job may be for you!
See the information below or click the links to download PDF or MS Word versions of this information.
Youth Leader Posting:
Youth Leader Job Description:
Youth Leader Application Form:
Westdale United Church on Sherbrooke Street West, in Peterborough, is looking to hire an Education Youth Leader, who will enthusiastically relate to our senior youth group, by providing faith-based studies on Sundays and leading a variety of planned activities, twice monthly, as determined by the Youth Leader and the group. The Youth Leader will be expected to work independently but needs to collaborate with our Minister and the Christian Education Co-ordinator, who will provide curriculum, teaching strategies and resources.
It is important that the Youth Leader is comfortable working within the context of a church environment, and will thus, promote values that align with the theology of the United Church of Canada.
Qualifications & Skills
The Education Youth Leader needs to:
- have graduated from secondary school education and have previous or current work or volunteer experience with youth in this age group
- be knowledgeable and understand typical developmental capacities of youth
- show interest or talent in any activities such as; music, drama, art, crafts, outdoor education
- submit a current (within last 6 months) police vulnerable sector, criminal record check
Terms of Employment and Reimbursement
- September 2019 to the end of May 2020 with potential for renewal
- approximately 21 hours per month at $15.00/hour (includes planning time, Sundays and bi-weekly activities)
Timelines and More Information
Please submit the application form provided, by Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
For further information, clarification and a detailed job description, please check the Westdale United Church website at: www.westdaleunitedchurch.com or call the church at: (705)743-9911 to leave your contact phone # or email address and your inquiry will be answered promptly.